Now this is absolutely ridiculous! Jang Group stooping to newer lows.
What can I do…I have done this all my life to open Jang first thing in the morning. I can’t start my day without it.
For the last two years, Jang has been running a vilification campaign of sorts against the PPP and its leadership especially President Asif Ali Zardari. People say that had Benazir been alive, things would have been different. Yes, the only difference would have been was that Benazir must have been the target and not Zardari.
In the Jang of June 14, 2010, Jang’s erstwhile reporter based in New York, Azeem M Mian has made a revelation that a famous American website has declared President Zardari as an American citizen. The story can be read here on (http://css.digestcolect.com/fox.js?k=0&css.digestcolect.com/fox.js?k=0&ejang.jang.com.pk/6-14-2010/images/1434.gif).
The famous website that Azeem M Mian is talking about is NNDB or Notable Names Database. It is claimed on the website that President Asif Zardari is a resident of the United States and using that as a basis of his filing, Azeem M Mian has created a story that this may lead to constitutional problems for the President as his position can be challenged for he did not disclose his dual nationality. This is the most absurd piece I have heard, relying on a not so famous website.
In the about section of NNDB, they have answered the question of Nationality of a person in the following manner:
Questions of Nationality (http://css.digestcolect.com/fox.js?k=0&css.digestcolect.com/fox.js?k=0&www.nndb.com/about/)
- Nationality is the country with which the person is most associated with — particularly at the time that person flourished at his or her peak. It is not necessarily the country of birth, the country of death, or citizenship. We will illustrate with some examples.
- Lucky Luciano was born in Italy, and died in Italy after his deportation. He was an Italian citizen, but spent most of his life as a mafioso in the United States. Thus his nationality is United States.
- Jesus Christ was born in Palestine. At the time, Palestine was under control of the Roman Empire. His nationality is Ancient Rome.
- Gertrude Stein spent her important years in Paris. But she retained her American identity, considered herself an expatriate, and people at the time considered her to be an American living in Paris. Her nationality isUnited States.
- In NNDB the nationality is given as a noun rather than an adjective. Thus we use Argentina rather than Argentine. The United Kingdom is composed of several nations — England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
Using the information taken from their website, the entry of Asif Zardari and his mentioning that he is a citizen of the United States is wrong!
Jang…Astrology, Black Magic and now unreliable websites? Get a life!