Is there a new deal between Nawaz Sharif and the khakis?
The cat is out of the bag. Mian Mohammad Nawaz Sharif and his associates attacked the Supreme Court in 1997 and this time they attacked judicial conventions for the second time. The great Quaid of Punjab’s largest party, Sharif, entered the Supreme Court by-passing security protocols and was treated as a VVIP.
These judges have short memories. Only a decade ago he had asked his goons to physically attack the highest court of the land but the free judges of 21st century gave him attention as if he was the Ameer ul Momineen of the Caliphate that the terrorists want Pakistan to become.
Here is the video which shows without doubt the VVIP status of Sharif and his armed guards:
The Supreme Court officials were quick to deny the earlier charges levelled by the traitors of PPP. But the video above has also exposed their feeble attempts to cover up a blunder that will now tarnish the image of the Lords for all times to come.
The proceedings were strange:
- a) a petitioner was allowed to read his list of charges against a sitting elected, legitimate government
- b) relief was granted without hearing the point of view of the federal government
- c) a Pakistani citizen Haqqani’s fundamental right of movement was snatched without hearing him
- d) A parliamentary committee was considered as not ‘constitutional’ and cabinet not given chance to explain what the committee was
- e) flagrant bypassing of the parliamentary supremacy was seen – this is not the first time the Court has done it. In the case of judges appointment, it has overruled the constitutional amendment passed by people’s representatives. Court is NOT above the Constitution
More worryingly, Sharif’s effort to implicate President Zardari in a treason case is alarming. Sharif has faced similar situation at the hands of kangaroo courts. Perhaps he has forgotten that. Or there is a deal brewing between him and the khakis.Or he has been rattled by Imran Khan. All these questions will unfold soon.
But Pakistan establishment should remember what happened when they declared Sheikh Mujeeb as a traitor?
We welcome Asma Jahangir’s bold stance to defend Haqqani and also for speaking her mind on the violation of judicial norms by the Court. Thank God for such people Pakistan survives.