Mach: 13 abducted passengers man killed
August 06, 2013
QUETTA: The bodies of thirteen coach passengers out of fifteen, who had been abducted last night and slain near Machh area of District Bolan (Balochistan), were recovered from the nearby mountains Tuesday morning. The Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) has claimed responsibility of the killings.
Mach Assistant Commissioner, Kashif Nabi told Geo News that dozens of armed persons last night abducted 15 persons from two coaches at a place called Kashtari near Mach, whose bodies were found from the nearby mountains today morning. The coach was enroute to Punjab from Quetta. All those passengers were shot to death by the culprits, he said. He further told that all the murdered persons belonged to Sadiqabad, Rajanpur, Muzaffargarh, Faisalabad, Rahim Yar Khan and Bahawalpur areas of Punjab.
Moreover, the militants also kidnapped seven Levies personnel who were patrolling the area. Two passengers and the Levies personnel were freed by the terrorists.
Following the incident, the security forces cordoned off the area and the hunt for the accused was in progress.
One security man, Gul Muhammad, was killed and two others were wounded in a shootout out that ensued as the security forces intervened during the abduction of the passengers from the coaches Monday (5 Aug) night.
The district administration official told that approximately 200 militants dressed in security forces uniform carried out the attack.
Chief Minister Balochistan Dr Abdul Malik Baloch has strongly condemned the incident and sought report from the concerned authorities. The provincial government has also announced to pay compensation money to the bereaved families.
“Miscreants blocked the road in two places. First they took away five FC [paramilitary] men from an FC patrol vehicle, tied them up and snatched their walkie-talkies and weapons,” provincial home secretary Akbar Hussain Durrani told the AFP news agency.
The rebels then stopped four buses and took away the 23 people. Nine of them, including six security forces personnel, were then released, Durrani told Al Jazeera.
When security forces personnel confronted the attackers, the rebels fired off a rocket that killed one security officer, Durrani said.
“Then they lined them up in the mountains and killed 13 [of the people kidnapped],” added Durrani. Local official, Kashif Nabi, confirmed the incident and said the bodies had been recovered.
“We are making arrangements to bring them to Quetta,” he said.
پاکستان کے صوبہ بلوچستان کے علاقے بولان میں انتظامیہ کے مطابق کوئٹہ سے پنجاب جانے والے 13 مسافروں کو اغوا کے بعد قتل کر دیا گیا ہے۔ مچھ میں انتظامیہ کے کنٹرول روم کے مطابق 13 افراد کو رات گئے بسوں سے اتار کر پہاڑوں میں لے جایا گیا جہاں سے ان افراد کی لاشیں صبح کے وقت ملی
مچھ میں انتظامیہ ایک اہلکار نے فون پر بی بی سی کو بتایا کہ مسافروں کو دو مختلف بسوں سے اغوا کیا گیا جو کوئٹہ سے پنجاب جا رہی تھیں۔ ان بسوں کو بولان کے قریب مسلح افراد نے روک کر ان سے 13 افراد کو اتارا اور انہیں اپنے ساتھ لے گئے۔ بسوں میں سوار باقی مسافروں کو چھوڑ دیا گیا۔
کالعدم بلوچ عسکریت پسند تنظیم بلوچ لبریشن آرمی نے اس کارروائی کی زمہ داری قبول کر لی ہے اور تنظیم کے ترجمان نے بی بی سی کو فون کر کے بتایا کہ انہوں نے بس سے چھبیس افراد کو اغوا کیا جن میں سے شناخت کے بعد تیرہ افراد کو ہلاک کیا گیا