KARACHI: The secretary general PPP Jehangir Badr has announced that the government would nominate the former President Pervez Musharraf as the prime culprit of Benazir Bhutto’s assassination.
Answering a question while addressing a press conference, regarding clearing the suspicions over Rehman Malik, at the CM House alongside CM, Sindh Syed Qaim Ali Shah, he announced that the case would be based as State vs. Musharraf.
He further elaborated that PM had formed a committee regarding the issue, while I.G Punjab has formed the other one; and informed that government was not hindering the work of these committees, who would summon anybody regardless of his/her influence or standing.
Expressing his affirmation of ensuring definite investigations into the murder of Benazir Bhutto, he assured that no personal vendetta would be carried out and only real culprits would be taken to task.
Replying to another question, he said that party workers expressed their anguish in angered tones, since a worker had been killed in Karachi on Tuesday.
He said that he asked CM Karachi to ensure the safety and rights of party workers, and ensured that federal ministers would also be delegated for the purpose; and also ensured that Sindh would not lag behind in party membership drive.
Replying to a question, the Sindh CM informed that investigations were underway regarding taking down the portraits of Benazir Bhutto, and said that action would be taken against responsible officers.
KARACHI: Central Secretary of Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) Jehangir Badar has said that a case will be lodged against Pervez Musharraf by the state in the wake of UN Report on the assassination of Ms Benazir Bhutto.
He was addressing a press conference on the occasion of launching membership campaign of the party in the province. He was accompanied by PPP Sindh President and Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah besides other PPP leaders here on Wednesday.